In a recent piece published on the Forbes platform, Forbes
Head of Illumina Alumni Network
Illumina is looking for an outstanding leader to oversee and build Illumina’s alumni network. This position serves as a key member of the Illumina CEO office, reporting directly to the CEO’s Chief of Staff, and is responsible for the development, oversight, and execution of strategies to engage and cultivate Illumina’s alumni network. We are looking for a brand builder, a digital innovator, and a communications leader to broaden the base of support for the Illumina brand through our alumni.
We aim to expand our brand by amplifying the stories and voices of our alumni. Our first-ever Alumni Leader owns the vision for launching our network, working closely with a third party and internal colleagues to plan, build, and execute meaningful alumni programs. Outside of alumni network cultivation, the leader will support our broader efforts to improve Illumina’s employer brand.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive alumni engagement program that strategically increases the value of the Illumina brand.
- Conduct extensive outreach through consistent communication using electronic, print, and social media, and meaningful events and programs.
- Build ambassadors within the alumni community by identifying thought-leaders and conducting relationship-building activities including networking events, philanthropy, and other initiatives.
- Build out plan for alumni website, editorial, and social media content to meet program objectives.
- Provide direct supervision of the day-to-day operations of our digital community by managing third party, authoring new content, and updating community webpages and social media sites.
- Refine internal messaging to meet alumni needs and incorporate into program materials.
- Develop and maintain a system for encouraging, monitoring, and assessing alumni program impact.
- Work closely with recruiting to drive engagement activities and support talent development goals, including sourcing job referrals and network cultivation.
A highly connected and collaborative role, the right person needs to drive both strategy and execution. We are looking for an innovative digital marketer with excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and 12 or more years of experience in marketing, either in digital, communications, or a combination of both. Prior experience driving corporate alumni networks is a plus. Must be able to plan, write and deploy content independently. Outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization is a must. Confidence in public speaking is a key attribute.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 12+ years of experience working in marketing, developing and delivering digital content, and designing customer experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern digital marketing practices is essential including p roven proficiency with all social media platforms; experience in email marketing and web design.
- Experience in relationship management, recruitment, development, or sales preferred.
- Passion for user-centered design, with experience translating user needs into requirements and/or products.
- Natural people skills and an influential communicator.
- Superb organizational and project management skills.
- Proven record of delivering innovative solutions to address customer needs.
- Experience in people management and working collaboratively across teams.
- West coast preferred. For exceptional candidates may consider other locations.
- A willingness and ability to travel (~20%).
- This is a full-time, exempt role.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf