In a recent piece published on the Forbes platform, Forbes
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31st, 2021, the firm managed approximately $9.01 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
The Alumni Program Manager, based in New York, will steward the firm’s relationships with former employees globally. The manager will work across functions internally and interface with senior stakeholders to refine, manage, and launch the firm’s Alumni Network, ensuring that former employees are connected to the firm’s purpose and one another. The Alumni Program Manager will manage and maintain three pillars of the Alumni Network: the online portal, communications, and events. The Alumni Program Manager will also interface with BlackRock Alumni, building relationships and capturing Alumni feedback to enhance the program. This position will report to a Vice Chairman of BlackRock.
- Collaborate with departments across the business to manage the firm’s Alumni Network website, communications (including quarterly newsletter and push emails), and event strategy.
- Oversee and manage relationship with the third-party website provider to ensure that the Alumni Network portal is dynamic and up to date
- Develop and manage strategies to attract former employees to the network, including via LinkedIn, social media, events, and word of mouth
- Partner with client-facing leaders to target and include key former employees
- Responsible for crafting compelling communications, including quarterly updates and sharing select executive communications with former employees, in partnership with Communications, Marketing, and client-facing teams,
- Partner with Vice Chairman, Marketing, and Client Businesses to develop impactful event strategy and roll out regional events (ex: female MDs in New York City, Portfolio Analytics Group analyst happy hour, etc.)
- Interface with alumni: create relationships and capture Alumni feedback to continually update and improve program offerings
- Partner with HR to capture data, segment and track BlackRock alumni base
Essential Skills And Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 5+ years of marketing, corporate communications, or alumni engagement experience.
- Strategic mind-set, with the ability to determine optimal engagement strategies, from ideation through execution alongside cross-functional partners (e.g., events, communications)
- Creative, results-oriented problem-solver with ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with resilience and flexibility.
- An innovator with a builder’s mindset who wants to create and launch a new program
- Strong writing and editing abilities, including spelling and grammar skills, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to influence without authority and build cross-functional relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly when it comes to conversations with senior leaders, business partners and content creators.
- Ability to integrate input from multiple stakeholders while working to deadlines.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- An energetic team player and driven self-starter, with a positive mindset and excellent work ethic.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.