If the idea of rehiring former employees who quit seems
Integrated FundraisingRemote • ID:886-493 • Full-Time/Regular
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy’s wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 59 Chapters around the country. The Integrated Fundraising Team’s focus is to maximize donor engagement and elevate fundraising programs across the country. This work includes executing on national strategies and consulting with Chapters to amplify regional fundraising programs.
The Alumni Engagement Manager will be a key contributor to our mission. This is a newly created position that will be responsible for launching and growing Make-A-Wish’s new alumni program, creating a network of inspired, engaged, and involved alumni. The Manager will work in partnership with cross functional teams, to lead the development of a comprehensive and compelling alumni program that facilitates lifelong relationships with alumni and their families—with increasing impact over time. The Manager will develop and manage the overall strategic plan for alumni engagement, including the creation of programs, services, and events that build community, extend the wish experience, and engage alumni in making more wishes possible.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Alumni Engagement Manager at Make-A-Wish America you will:
- Serve as the subject-matter expert on alumni engagement across the enterprise.
- Clearly articulate core strategies, programming goals, and message points to National and Chapter leadership, staff, and volunteers.
- Develop and manage national and regional affinity programming strategies that facilitate lifelong community-building and a culture of philanthropy among alumni and their families.
- Plan and manage signature alumni programs and events.
- Cultivate relationships with alumni volunteer and philanthropic leaders.
- Create opportunities for ongoing transformational experiences, including wish sponsors/grantees, volunteer opportunities, mentoring, special services, survivor resources, and affinity groups.
- Develop targeted communication strategies for alumni to include email, print, social media, and other channels.
- Develop an alumni storytelling initiative that inspires wish kids and alumni, while elevating brand affinity.
- Develop business rules, systems, and processes for tracking and maintaining alumni constituent data.
- Promote alumni program internally and externally, in alignment with brand standards and goals.
- Set measurable goals, evaluate, and forecast alumni engagement programs based on analytics and KPIs.
- Manage the alumni engagement budget, allocating resources to address strategic priorities.
- Maintain relationships with alumni engagement/relations industry professionals and conduct research to support growth objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Demonstrated success leading alumni programming, with emphasis on establishing and scaling engagement
- 5+ years of experience in alumni relations, fundraising, donor relations, special events, or similar experience
- Expressed cultural appreciation and sensitivity in interacting with a diverse alumni population
- Experience implementing local fundraising events required, experience with national event programs preferred
- Ability to lead, influence and negotiate across all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- High-level communication and presentation skills
- Experience in volunteer training and management, desirable
- Innate curiosity, nimble problem-solving and drive for continuous improvement
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Make-A-Wish America pays the monthly premiums for employees participating in the HSA qualified healthcare, vision, dental, and short/long term disability plans.
We are more than a great place to work – our work is life changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are fueled and guided by our values – values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.